So, this is just a random rant.
I was just on Reddit with Joel, looking at a thread about people getting secrets off of their chest.
By the end of it, I was so frustrated with it, I said to Joel "I hate people. Why are people so stupid? Stupid people!" He laughed and said that these people are actually pretty intelligent. I said "There's a difference between intelligence and being smart. These people are NOT smart.
I am aware this is an extreme generalization. As you come to get to know me, you'll figure out I generalize things often. A therapist once told me that was a big problem of mine.
But we're not here to talk about my problems :p
The reason I was getting so infuriated was because of these people's "problems". The majority was people complaining about how alone they feel and how they want to find love. Now, when a friend of mine will say that to me, I try to be understanding. But this is how I feel inside:
"Get off of your freaking computer/phone and lift your head up and look around!!! Go talk to a stranger! Actually talk to that guy/girl that you think is cute, instead of just creepily stalking them on Facebook!!!! The worst that will happen is that you will get your heart broken. A broken heart can make you feel like dying. It can make you feel worthless. It can make you feel like there's no reason to go on. BUT ONLY IF YOU LET IT!!!"
If you get rejected, try putting yourself in their shoes. Do you say yes to every person who hits on you? Does saying no make you a terrible person, out to inflict pain on purpose? No! It just means that you weren't interested. So don't let someone who rejects you become the bad guy.
Basically, GET OVER YOURSELF.
Now, some of you who know me are probably really irritated with me right now. "Sure Ashton. Whatever you say. Weren't you the one who stopped going to your classes because of a bad breakup? Weren't you the one who dropped out of college because of a GUY? (this is not even close the real reason, but yes it did contribute) How dare you say to us to get over ourselves when you would bombard us with texts about how awful your life was?"
I completely agree with you. I was one of those people who now irritate me. Which is why I believe I do have a right to say these things, because I understand how they are feeling. The thing I had to do to get out of that rut was, in fact, getting over myself. I had to realize I wasn't a martyr, that I wasn't all that, and that I wasn't taking responsibility over my life.
I am now in a loving relationship, and on a very healthy path. I am happier than I ever have been. I am this way because I took risks, and I was able to stop thinking about myself 24/7.
I'm sure there will be many more rants like this. I hope you all enjoyed this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment